GPs and healthcare professionals are invited to a free webinar on medical emergencies in eating disorders (MEED) from St Patrick’s Mental Health Services (SPMHS).
Members of our Eating Disorders Programme are hosting a webinar for GPs exploring MEED from 7.30pm on Tuesday, 28 February 2023 to mark Eating Disorders Awareness Week. It also marks the second event in our GP Webinar Series for 2023.
The hour-long webinar will consider how GPs can treat and support their patients experiencing eating disorders, in line with the Royal College of Psychiatrists’ Guidelines on Medical Emergencies in Eating Disorders (MEED): Guidance on Recognition and Management (May 2022).
This webinar will focus on areas relevant for general practice and will update GPs on MEED guidelines in clinical practice, such as:
- Assessing, monitoring and managing risk and comorbid factors
- Refeeding syndrome and role of the dietitian
- Role of, and supports for, parents, relatives and carers
- Accessing specialist care.
Speakers from our team will include:
- Eleanor Sutton, Eating Disorder Specialist Dietitian and Dietitian Manager
- Michelle Ward, Registered Nurse Prescriber, Specialist Supportive Clinical Management in Eating Disorders Therapist and Team Liaison Nurse
- Dr Ann O’Donoghue, Senior Registrar.
You can submit your questions for our Eating Disorders Programme team in advance by emailing email@example.com. You can also raise questions during the webinar using the question and answer (Q&A) function on Zoom.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
CPD recognition is being sought from the Irish College of General Practitioners (ICGP) for this webinar, with points to be confirmed shortly. Please note that CPD is only available if you attend the live webinar, in which case you will automatically receive CPD certification to the email address you used to register for the event. Please allow up to two weeks to receive the certification.
Registration for this webinar is free, but essential.