The Eating Disorders Programme team at St Patrick’s Mental Health Services hosted a webinar to mark Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2023.
Taking place on Wednesday, 1 March, the free webinar explored treatment for adults living with an eating disorder.
Our multidisciplinary eating disorders team provided information on best practice evidence-based treatment for adults experiencing an eating disorder, as recommended by international guidelines. Speakers include:
- Dr Clare O’Toole, Consultant Psychiatrist
- Dr Toni O’Connor, Advanced Nurse Practitioner
- Dr Fionnuala McEnery, Clinical Psychologist
- Dr Aoife Gordon, Psychiatry Registrar
- Leah Hargadon, Cognitive Behavioural Therapist.
During the webinar, they presented on the following treatment options:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy for eating disorders (CBT-E)
- Maudsley Anorexia Nervosa Treatment for Adults (MANTRA)
- Specialist Supportive Clinical Management (SSCM-ED)
- Medical Management
- Compassion-Focused Therapy for Eating Disorders (CFT-E).
You can read an article based off the talk here, or watch the webinar in full below.
Continue to…#NoStigma in the Workplace: Mental Health and Your Rights