The Women's Mental Health Network (WMHN) is delighted to explore women's mental health in mid-life in its second webinar of 2021.
With this event, the WMHN aims to place a spotlight on mental health in middle age, examining the biological changes and social determinants of health that can impact mental health needs during this period of life.
Crucially, the WMHN wants to provide a platform to discuss what supports should be in place for women as they enter this life stage, not only in our health system, but at work and in wider society too. Topics planned to be explored from a variety of perspectives include:
- mental health impacts and needs during menopause
- sociocultural factors, and especially caring responsibilities and roles
- community responses and supports
- responsive workplaces.
Guest speakers will include:
- Breeda Bermingham, social entrepreneur and founder of the MidLife Women Rock Project
- Catherine O'Keefe, Menopause Coach and founder of the Menopause Success Summit
- Dr Caoimhe Hartely, GP and founder of Menopause Health
- Dr Cliona Loughnane, post-doctoral researcher on the CARE-VISION project in University College Cork.
This will be an online event, and registration is free.