We are committed to working with GPs and healthcare professionals to develop mental health services such as our Dean Clinic Community-based services that support and help people who suffer from mental health problems within their own community. We also provide a support and information service that provides information and support to GPs and healthcare professionals.
- Do you want an admission assessment for your client?
If you feel that your client needs to come directly into Hospital, you will need to complete a GP referral for admission form and return it to the Assessment team via fax at 01- 249 3609.
When the Assessment team receives this referral form, your client will be contacted by a member of the Assessment team to arrange admission.
For further enquiries, you can contact the Admissions & Assessment team at 01-249 3635 / 01-249 3640.
Dean Clinic (Outpatient Service)
For less urgent cases you can refer your client for a mental health assessment at our community mental health clinics called the Dean Clinics.
Complete a Dean Clinic Referral form and return it either via fax: 01- 2493609 or via post to The Dean Clinic Referrals, St Patrick’s University Hospital, James’s Street, Dublin 8.
When the Dean Clinic team receives this referral form, both you and your client will receive confirmation of appointment at the clinic.
For further enquiries, you can contact the Dean Clinic Referrals team at 01-249 3535
- For less urgent cases you can refer your client for a mental health assessment at our community mental health clinics called the Dean Clinics
- For information on referral to our day programmes click here
- For information on adolescent referrals, click here
Mental health assessment at the Dean Clinics is provided Free of charge* to clients referred by their GP.
* Mental Health Assessments will be carried out by a Consultant Psychiatrist supported by a multi-disciplinary team
* Free of Charge assessment is contingent on the availability of continuing care if required.