Listen to our podcast What is depression?.
The programme may be helpful if
- You have or are currently experiencing depression
- You are able and willing to attend group sessions
- You wish to learn more about depression and its impact on your life
- You wish to develop a greater understanding of vicious circles change to cycles that exist within depressive states
- You wish to develop a greater understanding of a variety of approaches to the treatment of depression
- The Depression Recovery Service is a comprehensive multidisciplinary assessment, treatment and aftercare service for those with Depression. In line with international best practice guidelines for depression it aims to deliver treatment in an accessible and flexible way along with providing follow up care and support for those who require it.
The Depression Recovery Service offers a group based stepped care approach using an ABC model. There are currently three programmes offered within the service:
- Level A - Activating Recovery - An initial 3 week programme open to inpatients and day patients
- Level B - Building Recovery – A 12 week psychotherapy programme open to day patients only
- Level C – Maintaining Recovery - A stepdown group for those who have completed Building Recovery